Monday, April 1, 2019

An introduction to me and my A to Z challenge.

Welcome one and all to my new blog page.

This page, The Epistles of Mark Paul will be a dedicated blog about the spiritual journey that I have been on since December 31st 2015.

Understand,I had explored other pathways before 2015, however they had left me hollow and instead of filling me with joy and peace i was filled with selfishness, distrust and anger.

On December 31st 2015 i ended up in a mens shelter in Springfield Missouri, yes I had become homeless and this changed my world view forever.

Why?

Because i discovered that not all of the people who are homeless do not fit the established stereotype of having homelessness as their lifestyle.

There are those who came to a state thinking they had a job or could get one quickly and found that that did not happen, instead their money ran out, they had no friends they could rely on so they found themselves suddenly homeless for the first time in their life.

The other group that surprised me was the number of children and young adults who are homeless, in Springfield there was a large enough contingent that a separate shelter for this group was established.

During my time in the mens shelter, I took a variety of courses including bible studies.

I had never in my life read the Bible, it was not part of my life.  For the first time in my life I actually started to read The Bible and suddenly I found myself relating to the people and events.

I read about David and his struggles and I read about Paul, who had been Saul and a man who had hunted down and persecuted Christians and how on the road to Damascus.

I identified with Paul so much that I adopted his name as my middle name, then simply started referring to myself as Mark Paul.

Since then I have read many other books in The Bible and have started to read a variety of books by such people as Joyce Meyer, Rev Charles Stanley and Neil T Anderson among others.

What follows are some of the books I have read along with some of my favorite Christian music.

I hope you will enjoy and feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richards Review In A Lonely Place

 In a Lonely Place is one of Humphrey Bogart's most complex movies, this is no clean cut role for this dramatic actor.  If anything it i...